Who We Are
a3rev Software PTY LTD provides WordPress products and services via the websites a3rev Software and Support.
a3rev Software is a registered corporation in Queensland, Australia. Our mailing address is:
1 Corella Cresent
Peregian Beach, 4573
For any privacy-related questions, please contact us here.
Who We Share Your Data With
We use third-party services (data processors) across our sites. The extent to which your data is shared with these providers depends on your use of our services, and we list the specific third-parties in use (with links to their privacy policies) in the sections below.
Each third-party provider has been vetted by our security team to ensure that privacy policies and practices meet or exceed the same levels of compliance and standards that we follow.
We disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services, and (ii) that have agreed, in writing, not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our websites and services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
We may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
What Personal Data We Collect And Why We Collect It
- If you create an account on a3rev.com, you will be prompted to select a Username and provide your Email Address.
- When choosing a Username, we strongly advise you not use or include your real name. Usernames cannot be changed.
- Your Username and Email Address are stored in the website’s database. Your Email Address is used to send you an email with a link to set your password or to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- Once an account is created, you must contact us to have it deleted.
- Accounts have a numeric User ID assigned to them when they are created. The User ID cannot be changed.
- You may optionally complete your Profile by providing your First Name, Last Name, Website (URL) and/or Biographical info. These additional details are also saved in the website’s database. You may edit these details, and your Email Address, in your Profile at any time.
- You may also choose how your name is displayed (your Display Name) to visitors to the site (e.g. in comments you create) in your Profile.
- Your Username, First Name, Last Name and Email Address are accessible by employees on the site.
- If you attempt to log in to our site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies at all. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information and some of your screen options. The logged-in cookies last for two days, and the screen options cookies last for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- For users that register on one of our sites, we also store the data they provide in their profile indefinitely. All registered users can see, change or delete most of that data at any time except their login name/nickname.
Publishing Content (Product reviews, Support Tickets)
- Your Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, Website (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) may be visible to visitors to the website (e.g. if you leave a product review, create or reply to a support ticket).
- If you author an review/ticket, your Username, Profile Picture (Gravatar), Display Name, site (URL) (if any) and Biographical Info (if any) are provided to any visitor using the website’s REST API interface.
- If you upload media (e.g. images) to the website (in reviews or tickets), you should avoid uploading images with EXIF GPS location data included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data included in images on the website.
- Visitors using the website’s REST API interface can correlate uploaded media to a particular user. This may allow such visitors to map a user to a particular time and location if EXIF GPS location data was included in the uploaded media.
- If you edit or publish a review/ticket, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Published content and comments are stored indefinitely unless deletion/removal is requested by the original author.
- Customers that email us, or use any of the contact forms on our websites, will have their email address, IP address, and any data provided in the contact form or body of the email stored in G Suite archives and in our databases.
- We keep all email communication indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
- We use email marketing to communicate with customers and potential customers from time to time. All email lists and campaigns are “opt-in” meaning we will not send you these sorts of emails unless you indicated that you wish to receive them during signup or other interactions on our website.
- We may send you “system” emails, such as password reset requests or payment notifications/receipts even if you have not opted-in to email marketing lists.
- All marketing emails sent by us will include an unsubscribe link in the footer of the email. Emails sent to you may also include standard tracking, including open and click activities.
- To comply with accounting and legal requirements, we keep data on financial transactions in the systems above for up to 10 years.
Hosting and API Services
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you are a registered user you can request to see or download the data we have about you.
For registered users or paying customers, this will include your profile information and download, payment, and support ticket histories.
You can also request “to be forgotten” and we will erase any personally identifiable data we have about you. Of course, this excludes data we need for administrative or security purposes or if we are required by law to retain some of the data.
An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data, should direct his/her query to email@example.com. We will respond within a reasonable timeframe, not to exceed one week.
How We Protect Your Data
The security and reliability of our service is our number one priority. We invest heavily in the training of our staff and our infrastructure to ensure that best practices are followed in everything that we do.
See wordpress.org/about/security for details on the security of the WordPress core itself.
- Prevention is best when it comes to security, and as a first step, we follow all WordPress Code Standards in the plugins that we build and use.
- In addition, we have an extensive internal review and Quality Assurance process in place specifically to prevent potential security vulnerabilities in our plugins and services.
- Every a3rev Software employee and contractor goes through background checks and an onboarding process that includes a trial period where access to customer data is provided only when working directly under the supervision of another staff member.
- All staff only have access to systems that are directly required to complete the functions of their job. We use dual factor authentication for all critical systems and communications services, and automatically log all staff activity using an internal logging tool, Google ‘G’ Suite features, and Amazon Cloud Trail.
- All staff (including any contractors) undergo initial training to ensure proper understanding of all security-related processes.
- We only use third-party services, such as Amazon Web Services, that are fully vetted and adhere to the highest levels of privacy and security practices.
What Data Breach Procedures We Have In Place
Should any event occur where customer data has been lost, stolen, or potentially compromised, our policy is to alert our customers via email no later than 48 hours of our team becoming aware of the event. We will also report such incident to any required data protection authority. We will work closely with any customers affected to determine next steps such as any end-user notifications, needed patches, and how to avoid any similar event in the future.