Home Forums WordPress Plugins Contact Us Page – Contact People Popup Form from a text link

Popup Form from a text link

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dustin Miller 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

How to Question
ISSUE RESOLVED
  • Author

Dustin Miller
    Participant

Hello, I have purchased the professional version of the Contact Us Page Contact People plugin. I have it setup on the site for which it was purchased, but the people who own the site do not want the “cards” contact section. They want the form you get when you click “Click Here” on that card though. Is there a way to get the Popup form to display by clicking on a text link (not in the card)? I would appreciate it if someone has suggestions on how to do this. Thanks – Dustin

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hello Dustin,

Can you please give me a mock up or something of what you are trying to achieve? When you say that your client does not want the Profile cards – are you meaning that they don’t want to show profiles, including the profile image and some information – which I am assuming is the Email Link.

Please supply either a link to where i can see what it is that you are trying to make for your client or a screenshot so i can help you with this.

Regards
    Steve

Dustin Miller
    Participant

After working with my client, all they want is a text link and the text link actually is going to use their default email client now – using mailto links. I don’t like that, but that is what they decided.

In case I use this software in the future though, I’m still curious if it can still be done.

I want to click a link Click this link

After I click that, I want to view the form

They do not want to use the cards Do not want this card

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks & have a great day!
    Dustin

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hello Dustin

Re this
    After working with my client, all they want is a text link and the text link actually is going to use their default email client now – using mailto links. I don’t like that, but that is what they decided.

Dustin this is a really bad idea and not something that we would ever include in the plugin – the reason and I hope you will explain to your client why.

As you no doubt have seen over the last 12 months there have been a massive surge in ransom Ware attacks across the globe. Having an open email address which is what mailto is (all the attacker has to do is click the link and they have the email address) . This is just an open invitation to the perpetrators of ransomware craft a spear phishing email to the business.

I hope for your clients sake you have explained that to them.

Regards
    Steve

Dustin Miller
    Participant

Hi Steve,

I completely understand not wanting to use the mailto: link and I agree 100% that it is a bad idea. The client wants it that way even though of this risk….I know terrible idea.

I also would never expect the plugin to use the mailto function in html, I was just hoping that there was a way that when someone clicked the “Click Here” text link (without the rest of the card) and maybe in the middle of a paragraph that it would open up the form from this plugin. I really like the plugin, but that was 1 feature I was hoping it had.

A sorta type sample of code might be something like this paragraph. I’m talking about someone and then I say they can email me by clicking the email link in this paragraph.

Thanks again for the reply & have a great weekend!
    Dustin

The topic ‘Popup Form from a text link’ is closed to new replies.