Home Forums WooCommerce Plugins Carousel and Slider How to add "add to cart" button on carousel

How to add "add to cart" button on carousel

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nguyen 1 week, 6 days ago.

Feature Suggestion
FEATURE ADDED
  • Author

Patrick
    Participant

Hello, I just bought your carousel and slider plugin. I see all of the settings and adjustments, but I cannot find anywhere to add an “add to cart” button for the individual products slides of the product sliders on the carousel. I’d also like to add a “quantity” selector as well. I don’t see any official documentation that you offer other than the “read me” file. Please help! Thanks

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

Sorry so that delay on reply, it was holidays here.
    About “add to cart” button on slider, we still have not support that on current version, but it’s on RoadMap to include on future

We will notify you when that feature is included to plugin

Regards,
    Nguyen

Patrick
    Participant

Ok, thank you.

For $79 dollars cost for this plugin, I thought you’d at least include that feature. Having an “Add to cart” button seems essential on a product carousel slider such as this one. Most other carousel slider products out there have an “add to cart” feature, and they are much less cost.

I see on your sample on the product page that you have a “Select options” button at the bottom of each product on the carousel, which I assume just sends you to the product page. Is there at least a way I can have this “select options” button feature? If so, how can I add this button on the products on the carousel slider?

Thank you again,

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

I apologise, you are correct, it’s wrong from me, our plugin support Add to Cart and Select Option button to show on Card or Carousel slider

If it can’t show on your site, sounds like an issue that your site with conflict plugin that disable or remove the hook to show that button from WooCommerce or something like that

Please give me access to your Dashboard and FTP section so that i can detect the cause and fix for you

If you like to set us up a wp-admin account and an ftp access account to the site files please post those in a Private Reply.

[..] Private replies can only be seen by you the author and by us as administrators. As enhanced security we edit the private reply and remove the creds (even though they are private). When we have completed the task we don’t keep a record of the creds unless you ask us to.

Please post:

1. link to wp-admin login with username and password
    2. ftp hostname, username and password.

To save time can you be sure that both sets of creds work and that we can access the site files with the ftp access and the plugins page and plugin dashboard.

Regards,
    Nguyen

Patrick
    Participant

Ok thank you Nguyen,

Before I give you my login credentials, can I first ask where in the settings can I enable the “Add to cart” button for the carousel?

Do you offer any documentation for this plugin? I don’t see anywhere on your website where you have full documentation and instructions on how to use the plugin? I went to your “Documents” section on your website but there is no documentation available for this plugin.

I understand there may be a conflict on my site with the “Add to cart” button showing up on the slider/carousel. But is the “Add to cart” button supposed to be enabled by default? Should it be there automatically without me having to add it in the settings?

Thanks again,
    Patrick

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

When Nguyen wrote
    our plugin support Add to Cart and Select Option button to show on Card or Carousel slider

He means that it is auto – If the theme product cards show add to cart button / select options (WooCommerce Default for variable products) then the Carousel and Slider will auto show those on the cards. There are no settings for that – it is just auto.

You can see that on the carousel that we have embedded on the product page https://a3rev.com/shop/woocommerce-carousel-slider/ – the Select Options button is auto added from the a3rev theme which uses the Woocommerce defaults – as all themes should.

Showing Add to Cart / select options on product cards is the default of WooCommerce – however if on theme you are using the theme developer has not used the WooCommerce class and function (which they should) and has written a custom function or class then Carousel and Slider will not know that and hence cannot get it and show it on your cards.

That is the first possibility why they are not showing for you – the second option and less likely is that you have another plugin that is hooking to the button that is blocking our plugin getting the button – or the third option is that you have another plugin or even the theme that has a broken JS that is causing the issue.

We cannot know any of that until we take a look for you and we want to do that to clear this issue up for you as soon as possible.

About the plugin docs –

All of our plugins are built on the a3rev Plugin Framework – that is the dashboards work is the same and feature open and closing settings boxes.

If you go to the [ Settings ] Tab you will see the + Getting Started options box – it sets out a 9 step guide for a quick start and then a section on the Dynamic Style options – this you would normally have to go to a sepoerate docs site to read – but we believe it is far more convenient for our customers to have them right there on the plugin dashboard – see screenshot of what I mean

getting started

Once those instructions have been read – then our dashboard uses conditional logic and help text to guide admins through the set up – each tab is divided into sections – or options boxes that open and close.

The options themselves are smart in that the settings for that option only show if the option is turned ON. All of that makes having a separate set of docs as most people know them obsolete – I mean what would we show on a set of docs that is not already visible? You can watch this quick video to see what I mean in relation to the card skin.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbV2VpQ5nQ

The same is true of the shortcode insert pop up – as you select an option – the avialable settings to that option are then shown and all options that are not applicable are not shown.

Of course we always listen to customer feedback and it is apparent from your support issue that we should add into Card Skin Settings another option box

+ Add to Cart / Select Options Button

and when it opens it just show this help text

The Product Card will auto show the Add to Cart or if a variable Product Select options button using your theme style for the button. If the button does not show please post a support ticket as there is something on your install that is blocking it and we will need to take a look at it for you.

Patrick your experience in this instance suggests that would be a very good thing to add in the next update – In the 3 years since this plugin was released we have not ever had this issue reported before so it is either an issue that is specific to your install or a bug that has just surfaced with the plugin and you are the first to notice it.

We are not able to replicate it on our site – any of our website client sites or on our testing environments and as I said yours is the only report of the issue.

So as Nguyen requested can you please set us up wp-admin and ftp access to your site so we can debug the issue for you.

You can either post the creds on here in a [] private reply (only you and Nguyen and I can see that) or if you would prefer you can email those to us using this address support at a3rev dot come ( it is written like that so that spam bot crawlers can’t recognise it as an email address)

We need
    WP-ADMIN access to get to the plugins dashboard – user Role Adminstrator
    1. Link to your login page
    2. username and password.

The best way to do that is when setting up that admin access account use the email address support at a3rev dot com and check to send the new account notification by email – that looks like this

new user

FTP access
    1. Hostname
    2. username and password.

Patrick we need ftp access to be able to see the theme code files to know how the developer is adding the add to cart function in the theme and any other code that might impact that – Unless it is an obvious JS error that can be detected by a browser inspector then we will need to be able to see those files.

Looking forward to getting the access so we can help you.

Regards
    Steve

Patrick
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the access creds – I have removed them from your private post.

Nguyen is just trying to access your site now with the creds. Will update you as soon as he has debugged the issue.

Steve

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

Nguyen has found the issue – The theme that you are using as I had mentioned in a previous reply has remove action to show the add to cart (Select options) button on the card footer and replace by their custom function for when hover it show cart button – see screenshot

screenshot

Our plugin cannot know what that custom function is – so it can’t get it to show.

Patrick the only way to sustainably solve that issue is to create a child theme and then add a custom function to make the button show on the cards in the carousel.

WordPress best practice is that you should always create a child theme of the theme you are using so that any edits or functions that you add to the theme are not over written by updates of the main theme. You can read about Child Themes and why you should be using one here on the official WordPress Codex.

It is actually a really simple thing to do if you have done it a few times.

If you are not confident about doing that Nguyen will do it for you and then that will allow him to write a custom function to enable the Carousel and Slider to Get the theme developers custom function.

If you would like him to do that please send through the ftp credentials that have root access permissions.

Thanks Patrick
    Steve

Patrick
    Participant

Steve Truman
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

Ok that is good that you have the child theme in place. I am not sure about how the theme removes the add to cart and replaces it with the custom show on hover function – I would have thought that may have been an option to turn that behaviour ON | OFF on the dashboard – but perhaps not.

If it isn’t then perhaps all we need to do is add a function to the child theme to over ride that behaviour – doinbg this would mean that the theme would use the default function of WooCommerce which would mean that our plugin could then get the button and show it on the cards in the carousel. Won’t really know about that unlit we are able to access the files via ftp.

Re the one page check plugins that you are using – yes i know exactly what you mean – they are not attractive – i don’t know what the template structure is with those – but will have a look and let you know if there is away to add custom style.

It is interesting that you mention that as we are currently working on a new plugin – WooCommerce On Page Checkout that will totally revolutionize the customer checkout experience. I mean TOTALLY. Three of us have been working on it now for 2 weeks. The video below is where we are at about 8 hours ago.

We still have long way to go – but it is beautiful even in this rough development form

Patrick – please email through the ftp creds so that we can access your site files and sort out the button on cards issue.

Regards
    Steve

Patrick
    Participant

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your creds

I have detect and see that X theme you are using that has code remove add to cart button from loop to replace by custom add to cart function, so i have add it again just for our Carousel Slider for it can work and it does not affect to what X theme is doing, you can allow hover effect again from your product page

I have added custom php code to functions.php of your x-child theme to Add to Cart can show on Carousel slider

This is custom php code:

/* Custom code for show Add to Cart button on Carousel Slider plugin */
    add_action( 'woocommerce_api_wc_product_slider_legacy_api', 'x_child_slider_api_handler_start', 9 );
    add_action( 'woocommerce_api_wc_product_slider_legacy_api', 'x_child_slider_api_handler_end', 11 );
    function x_child_slider_api_handler_start() {
    	add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'woocommerce_template_loop_add_to_cart', 10 );
    	remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'x_woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 10 );
    }
    function x_child_slider_api_handler_end() {
    	remove_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'woocommerce_template_loop_add_to_cart', 10 );
    	add_action( 'woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 'x_woocommerce_after_shop_loop_item', 10 );
    }

This is image compare new functions.php and old functions.php
    null

And it’s showing on Carousel now
    null

I also will share you the functions.php of x-child theme that i edited on private reply

Your child theme seem is blank child theme and i think it does not have new version on future, so you don’t lost any my custom code if X parent theme has new version

Regards,
    Nguyen

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Patrick
    Participant

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patric

I can custom to put Quick View on Carousel Slider

About show circle, it’s custom code from your theme, i can make it shows like that but seem it’s not issue of my plugin, it’s extra work and feature to it work compatibility with your theme, i can help you for now but you need to purchase a service from us for make that on future

Regards,
    Nguyen

Patrick
    Participant

Ok, thank you very much Nguyen. I appreciate your help

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

I have reopen this topic again, also change the Topic State to Feature Added , so that we just release new version 1.8.3 for work compatibility with X theme, please have look the changelog

= 1.8.3 – 2017/02/08 =
    * Tweak – Add support for custom Add to Cart button functions of the X Theme.
    * Tweak – Change global $$variable to global ${$variable} for compatibility with PHP 7.0
    * Tweak – Removed auto redirect to plugins admin panel on activation
    * Tweak – Update a3 Revolution to a3rev Software on plugins description
    * Tweak – Added Settings link to plugins description on plugins menu
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.7.2
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce version 2.6.14
    * Credit – Thanks to Patrick for the access to his site to add core compatibility with X Theme

That tweak will auto add Add to Cart button to Slider and also show the circle popup when Add to Cart button is clicked from Slider

I also have removed custom code i added to functions.php from your child theme before so that for now it’s support by our plugin

About put Quick View button into Card Slider, you need to purchase the Premium version before a3rev.com before I can support to put it for you from your child theme.

Regards,
    Nguyen

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi again

I also have upgrade latest version on your site so you don’t need to check new version

Regards,
    Nguyen

Patrick
    Participant

Thank you Nguyen,

I have just purchased the premium version of Woocommerce Quick View Ultimate Product and I installed it on my site. Can you know get quickview to show on carousel? Also again let me know any changes you make. thank you very much,
    Patrick

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

Yes, i’m adding custom code to your child theme to show Quick View button on Slider

Regards,
    Nguyen

Patrick
    Participant

Hi Nguyen,

I noticed you added the quick view to the carousel slider. I also see the new settings for it in the control panel. Is there a way to place the “quick view” button above the “Add to cart” button instead of the default which is to have the quick view button located under the add to cart button the way it is now? Thank you

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

Ok, i can help you for that, current we are updating Quick View plugin with some new feature as prettyPhoto popup and compatibility with Carousel plugin on add Quick View to footer card of slider

Will tell you when we release new version

Regards,
    Nguyen

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick

We just release new version 1.6.0 with some feature and tweaks, it also include the tweak for work compatibility with Carousel Slider with Quick View button auto append to footer card of slider, so with this feature, i don’t have any change on your child theme, see the changelog

= 1.6.0 – 2017/02/14 =
    * Feature – Add PrettyPhoto Pop up Tool option for Quick View
    * Tweak – Update Quick View script to support PrettyPhoto popup tool
    * Tweak – Increase maximum Pop up maximum width option to 1000px and change default value to 800px
    * Tweak – Added full compatibility with X theme.
    * Tweak – Added full compatibility with WooCommerce Carousel & Slider plugin.
    * Tweak – Depreciated FancyBox pop up tool
    * Tweak – Added notice not to use FancBox pop up as it will be removed in future version
    * Tweak – Change global $$variable to global ${$variable} for compatibility with PHP 7.0
    * Tweak – Removed auto redirect to plugins admin panel on activation
    * Tweak – Update a3 Revolution to a3rev Software on plugins description
    * Tweak – Added Settings link to plugins description on plugins menu
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.7.2
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce version 2.6.14

I also upgrade the plugin to latest version on your site, please check at your store page to see that button

Regards,
    Nguyen

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.