Home Forums WooCommerce Plugins Predictive Search Can I add qty to search result page without modifying core of plugin

Can I add qty to search result page without modifying core of plugin

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nguyen 1 week, 4 days ago.

Feature Suggestion
FEATURE ADDED
  • Author

Kresimir Koncic
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a need to show current product quantity on result page and I was wondering if there is a way to do that without modifying core of the plugin?

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Kresimir

I will talk with Steve about if we want to add this feature to popup result and search result page

Will notify when i have answer for you

Regards,
    Nguyen

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Kresimir

We just release new version 4.1.0 with feature you suggest

= 4.1.0 – 2017/02/06 =
    * Feature – Show or hide Stock Qty on Search Box dropdown results and Search Result page. Pulled from WooCommerce Stock Management.
    * Feature – Add new option to show or hide Product Category on Search Box dropdown Product result
    * Feature – Add customizer settings options for apply font and color to Stock Qty and Product Category on Search Box dropdown results
    * Tweak – Added support for product description to show on SKU search results when descriptions are active
    * Tweak – Update Predictive Search script and style for new features. Warning : need to flush cache to get new script if your site uses a cache plugin, CDN, Clouflare etc
    * Tweak – Update ‘templates/popup/item.php’ template file
    * Tweak – Update ‘templates/results-page/item.php’ template file
    * Tweak – Update ‘templates/search-bar/predictive-search-form-sidebar.php’ template file
    * Tweak – Update ‘templates/search-bar/predictive-search-form-header.php’ template file
    * Tweak – Update dynamic style files
    * Tweak – Change global $$variable to global ${$variable} for compatibility with PHP 7.0
    * Tweak – Removed auto redirect to plugins admin panel on activation
    * Tweak – Update a3 Revolution to a3rev Software on plugins description
    * Tweak – Added Settings link to plugins description on plugins menu
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress version 4.7.2
    * Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WooCommerce version 2.6.14
    * Fix – Show correct number of items when All is selected on Category dropdown
    * Credit – Thanks to Jason Flsch for advising about the missing support for product descriptions on SKU search results
    * Credit – Thanks to Joan Malbet for the Feature suggestion – show Product categories on Product dropdown results
    * Credit – Thanks to Kresimir Koncic for Feature suggestion – show Stock Quantity on Product dropdown results

You can wait within 24 hours to see it’s available for upgrade from your site or manual click on Check Now button from plugin settings to get new version

null

Regards,
    Nguyen

Kresimir Koncic
    Participant

Hi Nguyen,
    can you please tell me how to activate newly provided option to show qty on search result page? i can’t find it in admin

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Kresimir

It will use global settings from WooCommerce to show or hide on popup result like what will be show on Product page

null

Regards,
    Nguyen

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi again

To available qty can show on search result, your WC need to turn Enable Stock Management ON, then clear cache if your site have installed cache plugin, and switch on No Cache from my plugin settings to test for new change

null

Regards,
    Nguyen

Kresimir Koncic
    Participant

Hi,
    i have noticed that now there is only span with text in stock / out of stock showing on search drop down while there is no qty on either dropdown meni or search result page. Is that how it should be or am i missing something?
    Also it only shows that span when trying to find products from single product page and when i try searching for a product on homepage or custom made page it doesn’t show qty at all.
    Thanks in advance

Nguyen
    Keymaster

Hi Kresimir

Can you give me access to your Dashboard as administrator and ftp creds so that i can detect what is cause and help you to solve that

If you like to set us up a wp-admin account and an ftp access account to the site files please post those in a Private Reply.

[..] Private replies can only be seen by you the author and by us as administrators. As enhanced security we edit the private reply and remove the creds (even though they are private). When we have completed the task we don’t keep a record of the creds unless you ask us to.

Please post:

1. link to wp-admin login with username and password
    2. ftp hostname, username and password.

To save time can you be sure that both sets of creds work and that we can access the site files with the ftp access and the plugins page and plugin dashboard.

Regards,
    Nguyen

The topic ‘Can I add qty to search result page without modifying core of plugin’ is closed to new replies.